Haha, what an absolutely great name for a time-management method! Amidst thesis-writing fever and finalization of final versions of final reports, I give to the people of Handels a great tool AND a super cool example of a Thesis topic. (Why didn’t I think of that before?)
The Pomodoro technique was developed by Francesco Cirillo, while he was studying in Rome (in an extensive academic thesis, please). The steps are easy:
1. Choose one task you have to do.
2. Set your cooking timer – or whatever these things are called – to 25 minutes.
3. Work uninterrupted and finish task during this time.
4. After done, you take a little break (you’ve earned it!) and cross the task off the list.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 as necessary. – P.S. Take a longer break every 4 Pomodoros.
The funny name, well.. is easy to explain. His cooking timer was in the shape of a tomato. Hence, Pomodoro ala Italiano! Now you have no excuses for not delivering your thesis on time/finished/of top quality. Buona Sera!